Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Help John Unger defend his copyright!

I have long been a fan of John Unger and his fire pits!

I have copied and pasted some content with permission.

"I need your help. My original art has been copied by a manufacturer who is now suing me in federal court to overturn my existing copyrights and continue making knockoffs. I have a strong case, a great lawyer and believe that if I can continue to defend myself, the case will be resolved in my favor. If I run out of funds before we reach trial, a default judgment would be issued against me and could put me out of business. I don't believe my opponent can win this case in court and I don't believe he really intends to try. I believe his goal is to use strong-arm litigation tactics to force me to keep spending money or risk losing my copyrights — not by true adjudication, but by default if he is able to outspend me."

Please see Johns blog:
http://www.johntunger.com/legal-defense-fund.html
Here is a PDF of the Suit:
http://johntunger.typepad.com/files/006-first-amended-complaint-00401920.pdf

Please even a dollar would help..

No comments: